Employment at KTC
Please see below for the various advertised positions at the College.
Once you have expressed interest in a position, you will be contacted with information regarding next steps, should your application proceed.
For ALL positions, we request candidates submit the following information and documentation:
- a Covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- References (written and/or contact information for three professional referees)
- for teachers: evidence of NESA accreditation / a Statement of Service from a previous employer
- a current ‘Employee’ Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- copies / scans of Degrees, Certifications – including academic transcripts
- evidence of vaccination against COVID-19
- copy / scan of identification document which shows date of birth
Submissions should be sent to:
Executive Assistant to the College Principal
P: (02) 9301 1109 for further information.
Teaching Positions Available – 2023:
a) English Teachers
i. 1 x Full-time (five days): Years 7 to 12
ii. 1 x Part-time (four days) (0.8 FTE): Years 7 to 12
b) Creative Arts – Part-time (0.65, four days): Years 7 to 11 [TAS, VA, DT, Food]
c) Maths / Science – Part-time (0.8, three days): Years 6 to 10
d) Science – Full-time: Years 7 to 12 [Senior Chemistry / Biology]
e) Mathematics – Full-time: Years 7 to 12 [including HSC]: Head of Department position with potential to be involved in delivering Year 6 Extension and contribution to the High School timetable.
f) Hebrew – Full-time: Years 7 to 12
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate
- a proven track record in Curriculum delivery
- an ability to engage with students at all levels, and
- good classroom management skills.
The successful candidate will report directly to the respective Heads of Department and the Director of Teaching & Learning (High School).
Start: Term 1, 2023
Primary School, Teacher Aide, Part-Time
We are seeking an energetic, passionate and dedicated Teacher Aide to work with students with additional learning needs. The role is a two (2) day per week (Monday and Friday) contact from 27 January to 13 December 2023, with the possibility of extension.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Support students in the classroom to achieve their learning and social goals
- Work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team
- Some planning and organisation of small group activities
- Preparation of resources
- Some off-site travel may be required for excursions and extra-curricular activities
Essential / Desirable skills & qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and prioritise
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a range of personnel
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the quality of assigned work
- Experience working in a classroom environment
- Certificate III in Education Support and/or experience working with students with additional learning needs
- Willingness to toilet students is essential
- Adherence to relevant school policies and ethos will be required
- Working with Children Check clearance
- First Aid Training
Enquiries to: email@example.com, P: 9301 1111
Primary School, After-School Care, Part-Time
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person to undertake the After-School Care programme. The position is responsible for supervision of children from Kindergarten to Year 6. You will be required to plan and facilitate some craft, sporting and homework activities, undertake some administration tasks and prepare afternoon tea. The hours are Monday to Thursday 3pm until 5.30pm.
Key Selection Criteria:
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience working with school-aged children
- Working with Children Check (Employee, NSW)
- Adherence to, and respect for, the ethos of the College.
Available from / Start: immediate
Cert III Teacher | Cert III / Diploma | ECT | Jewish Studies
We are seeking expressions of interest from Cert III / Diploma qualified Educators, Early Childhood Teachers and Jewish Studies Teachers to work in our Early Learning Centres on varying bases (as above).
Further information, and Position Descriptions are available from Lesley Shneier, EL Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Casual Teachers – Primary School & High School
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic classroom teacher, a collaborative practitioner and be ready to support the school across a range of subjects, as required. You should be a passionate, motivated and experienced High School / Primary School Teacher, with demonstrated success in secondary / primary teaching at all levels.
The successful applicant will be able to inspire students to learn and support them in their ongoing study, in their regular teacher’s absence.
Your application should include:
- Current Resume (CV)
- Names and contact information for two professional referees;
- Evidence of current Working With Children Check
- Evidence of NESA registration and accreditation status
- Proof of identification
Submit via email to: email@example.com